Article 1. Applicability
- As soon as one enters AquaZoo Leeuwarden , one accepts the applicability of these regulations and is obliged to strictly follow all regulations and the instructions given by the employees of AquaZoo Leeuwarden.
- With respect to all cases and/or situations not provided for in these regulations, AquaZoo Leeuwarden reserves the right to impose additional rules verbally and/or in writing to which visitors are bound.
- In these regulations, “AquaZoo Leeuwarden” and “the park” also include the food and beverage facilities, the parking lots and the bicycle parking.
- The regulations have been drawn up to guarantee order and safety within AquaZoo Leeuwarden.
- In the event that, irrespective of the reason, there is a difference between the provisions in this version of the Park regulations and the English translation of the Park regulations, the provisions in the Dutch version of the Park regulations will prevail.
Article 2. Admission and stay
- You will only be admitted to the park with a valid entrance ticket, via the designated entrance gates. This entrance ticket must also be presented in the park if requested.
- Admission tickets are valid only on the date stated on the ticket and during the opening hours stated at the ticket office. AquaZoo Leeuwarden is authorised to change its opening hours.
- Children under 10 years old are only admitted to the park when accompanied by and under the continuous supervision of an adult (at least 18 years of age).
- AquaZoo Leeuwarden is authorised to close part(s) of the park without being obliged to compensate its visitors in any way.
- Visitors are not permitted to bring (pet) animals beyond the ticket offices of the park. Guide dogs are an exception, provided that the conditions are met.
- Visitors may not use bikes, scooters, balance bikes, tricycles, roller skates, roller blades, and/or similar vehicles according to the opinion of AquaZoo Leeuwarden, beyond the ticket offices of the park.
- Cars must be parked in the designated areas in the car park. Bicycles/motorcycles must be placed in the bicycle parking.
- You must purchase a parking token prior to leaving the grounds of AquaZoo Leeuwarden. These parking tokens are available at the ticket offices.
- Visitors are not permitted to climb over walls and fences.
- Waste must be deposited in the designated waste containers.
- Consumption is obligatory at the catering facilities of the park. Visitors are not permitted to consume food brought from outside the park at the catering facilities.
- Visitors are not permitted to enter the park with audio equipment.
- Visitors must hand in found objects in the park to AquaZoo Leeuwarden employees.
- Advertising, carrying out public surveys, counts, collections and the provision of goods and services on the premises of AquaZoo Leeuwarden is not permitted without the prior written permission of the General Manager.
- The expression of (religious) beliefs or the holding of demonstrations on the premises of AquaZoo Leeuwarden is not permitted without the prior written permission of the General Manager.
Article 3. Image and/or sound recordings
- AquaZoo Leeuwarden is entitled to make or instruct the making of image and/or sound recordings of its location and of the persons present in and around the park. AquaZoo Leeuwarden and its affiliated companies are entitled to use and publish these recordings, for promotional purposes, for instance. It goes without saying that AquaZoo Leeuwarden and its affiliated companies will exercise the necessary care in this respect. AquaZoo Leeuwarden and its affiliated companies are not obliged to pay any compensation for the use or the publication of the recordings to the persons represented therein. If you do not wish to be filmed or photographed, please avoid the locations where a filmmaker, film crew and/or photographer is working.
- It is not permitted to make sound, photo and/or film recordings or other images for commercial purposes at the park, unless written permission has been obtained beforehand from the General Manager of AquaZoo Leeuwarden.
Article 4. Animals
- Feeding the animals is strictly prohibited.
Article 5. Safety and liability
- AquaZoo Leeuwarden reserves the right to deny access to visitors whom they believe or fear will disrupt the order, peace and/or safety within the park. In such cases, AquaZoo Leeuwarden is not obliged to pay any compensation. Criminal acts (or suspicions thereof) will be reported to the police.
- AquaZoo Leeuwarden uses video cameras for your safety and our own.
- A visit to AquaZoo Leeuwarden is entirely at your own risk.
- Within the park, visitors can approach and even move among the animals in the designated areas. Please note that the animals may display unpredictable behaviour which may cause injury or damage to you or your possessions. By entering the park, you accept this risk.
- AquaZoo Leeuwarden does not accept any liability for personal injury and/or theft, loss or damage to property belonging to its visitors during and/or as a result of a visit to the park, except insofar as this resulted from intent or wilful recklessness by AquaZoo Leeuwarden or the management of AquaZoo Leeuwarden.
- AquaZoo Leeuwarden is not liable for consequential damages, including business damage and loss of income.
- Insofar as AquaZoo Leeuwarden is not entitled to invoke said limitation of liability, it shall be liable for a maximum sum equal to the amount paid out under the liability insurance in the relevant case, supplemented by the amount of the deductible.
Article 6. Additional measures
Additional corona measures that apply to everyone. Please comply with them!
- Wash your hands as often as possible (20 seconds with water and soap, then dry your hands properly)
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow
- Use paper tissues to blow your nose and then throw them away and wash your hands afterwards
- Do not shake hands
- Maintain a distance of 1.5 metres (2 arm lengths) to other people. The chances of people infecting each other are slimmer if a distance of 1.5 metres is maintained.
- Avoid crowds. If you can see that maintaining the distance of 1.5 metre is going to be difficult, keep walking.
- If you have symptoms, stay home!
Failure to comply with the measures mentioned above may lead to refusal or removal from the park. You will not be entitled to restitution in this case.
We wish you a very pleasant stay at AquaZoo Leeuwarden!
Management and employees of AquaZoo Leeuwarden